Thursday, March 28, 2013

Jodi Arias Trial Has Eerie Similarities with the Murder Trial of “Zaydee”


Striking resemblances abound between accused killer Jodi Arias and the character of Zaydee,  the heroine in the book “That Girl Started Her Own Country.”
Both are small, attractive young women in their thirties and had a complicated love life. Both have a history of hacking (Arias, however, seems to be a novice, while Zaydee is a full-fledged hacktivist). And both are accused of first-degree murder.
Arias, though physically frail looking was able to stab a man much larger than her 27 times in less than one minute. Zaydee, on the other hand, is able to bring an FBI agent to his knees in a matter of seconds.
In the book, Zaydee deals with less-than-honorable FBI agents. In real life, Arias faced unusually hateful prosecutors.
And while anticipation builds for the verdict in Arias’ trial, a similar anticipation is growing among readers of “That Girl Started Her Own Country” for the sequel of the book, where they will find out what becomes of Zaydee, who is awaiting trial in Miami, Florida, when the story ends in the book.
An early reviewer of “That Girl Started Her Own Country” wrote:
Fantastic. That is a strange statement from me, as I was not the biggest fan of the Millennium trilogy. I never cared all that much about the girl who kicked the hornet’s nest. Maybe something was lost to me in translation.
However, in “That Girl Started Her Own Country,” I found that I cared very much. So much, in fact, that I quite literally did not put it down even when it became a danger to myself and others that I was walking around with my nose in a book, completely oblivious to my environment. The heroine’s personality left a mark. I sit here wanting badly to know, “How will she do it?” I will be sure to buy the next books in line.
“That Girl Started Her Own Country” is part of a series of books, which includes “The Sultan of Monte Cristo” and “The Boy Who Played With Dark Matter.”
There is also a contest for discovering the identity of the author, “Holy Ghost Writer.” A $1,000 prize will be given to the first person who can discover, from the clues given throughout the sequels, what the author’s true name is.
“That Girl Started Her Own Country,” by Holy Ghost Writer, is available on Amazon.com in Kindle e-book format. It is also available in paperback through online retail distributors such as Barnes & Noble.

1 comment: