Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My Favorite Sci Fi (aka How eBook Daily Deals site helps me pursue my interest)


My younger days were before the popularity of Young Adult novels (and well before eBooks), so when I outgrew children’s “Chapter Books” I started reading more adult books – Stephen King and Michael Crichton in particular. These brought me into a world of sci-fi, and I was solidified as a sci-fi fan when I picked up Carl Sagan’s “Contact”. This book is a “it could happen” type sci-fi adventure. It is based on Earth (although, at this point, it’s pre-cell phones, internet, and social media, so it’s not a very realistic Earth now) with a bunch of individuals that are able to make contact with life outside of Earth. Will they be able to leave the planet to make face-to-face Contact? The story deals with life outside of Earth, but also humanity itself and what it means to believe.

The greatest thing about falling in love with a genre at a young age is the many years you spend being able to enjoy classics and new works. I have a long list of sci-fi eBooks that I intent on catching up on, but then I’m always attracted to the eBook deals that let me find a new author and a new storyline to fall in love with. They don’t all take me away like Carl Sagan did, but it’s nice to let my mind dance around in the worlds created by other authors. One thing is for sure, reading great books like Contact gives you a craving for more, and if it weren’t for eBook Deals Daily  website would never be able to afford my reading appetite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment